Monday, March 16, 2009

the guidelines

So I have been giving this a lot of thought. As I mentioned, I don't want to constrain myself with too many rules, but I think I should create some kind of index against which I can test my decision-making over the next 90 days in order to ensure that I don't get caught up with all of the 'unneccessary' that will inevitable test me. Here's what I have come up with.

the index
1. Will doing it make me happy?
2. Is it something I can finish today?
3. Will it contribute to my sense 0f well-being, home, family or relationships?

If I can answer 'yes' to ALL 3 questions, I will give myself permission. If not, it will have to wait.

some things I have promised myself
1. No volunteering for anything at Jackson's school through the end of the year. I will meet the obligations that I have currently committed to and that will have to be enough.

2. No starting ANY business related projects.

3. Allow myself 2 hours per week of creative time, but make sure the activity can be completed within those 2 hours.

4. The ONLY on-going project will be to practice my knitting.

Like I mentioned, I am making this up as I go along. I am willing to be flexible, but I am committed to keeping these promises to myself and disciplining myself to utilize the index.

Okay, life, throw something at me. I'm ready.

No comments: