Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Day 12: My mushroom lamp


Everyone I know thinks that I am crazy for loving this lamp. It actually has a brass base which is hard to see in the photo. I was lucky enough to inherit it from my good friend Laura's parents. It was in their living room while we were growing up and I was always drawn to it. Everyone else hated it. Matt hates it and my friends tease me about it, but I have been vindicated! With the recent craze over mid-century modern lamps like this one are highly sought after. Some are going for $250 and up on sites like eBay. I am not exactly sure of the authenticity of my lamp, but many were made by the Laurel Lamp Company and it is sometimes called the Laurel Lamp. And you know what else? Mary Richards had one in her cool 70s bachelorette pad, so there!

No comments: