Tuesday, February 19, 2008

my boys

This is a project I have been trying to get to forever and it's finished! And that also means that the boys' room is almost finished. I am still trying decide whether I want to do a decal on the wall over Owen's crib because the space seems so empty. I can't hang anything there because he will just pull it down, but it is so bare.

Anyway, this project was really easy once I set the time aside. I just took pictures of the boys' profiles then outlined them in Photoshop to make the shape of the silhouette. Using some erasable transfer paper, I traced the outlines onto craft paper from Michael's (these two papers are from the Martha Stewart collection they carry there: the pattern is called "sycamore bark crosshatch" and the solid I think is called "bark"). I used scissors to cut out the shapes and spray mounted them right onto the background paper. To complete them, I framed each in a Ribba frame from IKEA that, let's be honest, totally rocks and my home could not do without.

I am really pleased with the way they turned out. Their little profiles are now forever immortalized in paper. Oof...

2 comments:

Hilary said...

Amazing...I love it! How is the rest of the house redecorating coming? Did you decide on a the Anthropologie print? Keep the ideas coming!!!

Mala said...

good job on these. i need to check them out for myself.