Sunday, July 6, 2008

a little weekend project: the porch

I needed a project this weekend and Matt was sweet enough to take the boys to his mom's to swim while I worked on it. He even went to the hardware store for the primer, paint and flowers: he's such a puddin'!

As you can see from the before picture the area needed a little help. It still had its winter clothing on:

A little spray paint, some flowers and a yard of outdoor fabric and the porch is reborn! Now, it's a sunny spot to come home to as well as a nice place to read and have a glass of wine. Still need to actually sew the cover (it's just wrapped around the cushion here) and get some feet for the pot (it's sitting on decking material samples) and it will be complete. I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

Ah, accomplishment. I needed that!!


The details:
1. The chair cushion was recovered in Greta Cinnamon Floral Outdoor Fabric from Hancock Fabrics. It only took a yard and it is on sale for $10.79/yard.

2. The table is the Lindved table from Ikea that I've had for a long time and repainted a bunch.
Was navy now it's a sunny yellow courtesy of Krylon.

3. I had the pot sitting empty on the side of the house and filled it full of shade tolent impatiens.

4. I'd like to update the welcome mat. I am thinking about this one. I have it in the back, too.

1 comment:

Priscilla Armitage said...

Love your "summer update"! Gorgeous color combinations - looks so relaxing and cheery!!