Friday, May 15, 2009

eating better

One of my goals lately is to eat better. I am embarassed to say I have atrocious eating habits. Most of them stem from not making the time to eat right and just being lazy. One of the things that has really helped me lately is this "go-to-meal." I ate a ton of this when I was pregnant with Jackson and I really never got tired of it. Lately I've been having it for lunch. It really is filling. And, if you like that whole sweet/tart thing you'll love it. Plus the Grape Nuts make it crunchy which I have to have in a meal or I find myself sometime mid-afternoon munching on high-fat crackers or chips.

As you can see from the "nutrition label" I created for it (you can do that here...it's awesome) it is low in fat and high in fiber and calcium--perfect for us girls.

1 small fuji apple diced into bitesized pieces (with the peel on)
1 small container plain, non-fat yogurt
1/2 cup of Grape Nuts cereal

I hope you like it(:

No comments: