Wednesday, May 6, 2009

reading | american wife by curtis sittenfeld

I have a new friend and her name is Alice Blackwell. She is a fictional first lady (loosely based on Laura Bush) and the center of a fantastic novel by Curtis Sittenfeld.

Do you ever find yourself thinking about a book or a character from a book you are reading during the course of your day? I know when I start doing this that I am reading what I will soon call a favorite book. I am in love with this story and its characters. Although, not a George Bush fan in any way, I even find myself infatuated with Charlie Blackwell, the fictional prez.

I highly recommend this sweet, thought-provoking book. But beware, my local library had 25 holds on it when I requested it, so it may take a while to get it. Worth the wait, though.

If you've read this book, I am dying to know what you thought of it. I'm only on page 420, though, so try not to spoil it for me(:

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I think we need to assemble a monthly (or at least quarterly) book club! This would force me to read again (something I used to love but which my line of work has made somewhat undesirable)and for us ladies to get together over wine to discuss! What do you think? This could be a reconceived girl club idea from way back in CDA days. :)