Thursday, July 9, 2009

7131 mezzanine way, long beach, california

Loyal readers know that my style is pretty classic, even traditional at times. Because I am a Gemini I like to think of myself as eclectic--a lover of good design but open-minded to all periods and styles and not at all predictable. Today, something a little different--an authentic, mid-century rancho designed by architect Cliff May.

I must live in one of these homes before I die. What great bones. You have to look past the somewhat dull furnishings (a least there are no Chippendale armoirs or, egads, country motif wallpaper border which, I kid you not, I have seen in houses of this style and era...a travesty) and take in the amazing layout and architecture. I just wish the posted photos showed the fireplace.

Man, I could do so much with this place...

See complete listing here.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

There are TONS of these houses on Robertson Drive near our place. Ryan and I drive past them all the time - just begging for a little TLC is all. :)