Tuesday, September 22, 2009

it's official | fall 2009

click me, I get bigger!

Living in California makes it hard to believe that it is now fall. Our seasons tend to be subtle. Like today for instance, it's about 99 degrees. But it is, nonetheless, the autumnal equinox and being a "fall girl" I had to post some goodies I've been thinking about lately. I just finished doing a major purge of my closet and I am desperately in need of some new clothes. I won't, however, need many of these items until about the end of November. But a girl can dream!

You'll see the pearls here again because, well, they are just so pretty. I'm unofficially calling this grouping "Betty Draper meets the Preppy Handbook". I'm digging all of the ladylike and school boy looks that are happening right now.

Enjoy!

clockwise from left in a swirl:

campo bag :: j. crew :: $298
men’s timex watch with leather bracelet :: timex.com :: similar $40–$80
must have moccasins in frog :: bodenusa.com :: $138
frances stripe ruffled tuxedo shirt :: j. crew :: $89.50
anna von diederitz coat in red :: modcloth.com :: $83.99
the amy bag :: modcloth.com :: $74.99
mac and jac crop pants in black :: nordstrom :: $49 a la laura petrie!
city style sharkskin pencil skirt :: nyandcompany.com :: $34.95
sophisticate skirt in saffron :: modcloth.com :: $72.99
top notch idiom bangle in navy:: kate spade :: $78
dream turtleneck sweater in black : j. crew : $62.50
spotty scoopneck in damson :: bodenusa.com :: $88
lauren by ralph lauren long glass pearl necklace :: macy’s :: $58
wool school boy blazer in navy :: j. crew :: $178
reta platform pumps in grey from the Merona Collection :: target.com :: $32.99
pardonne-moi pendant :: shopthelook.net :: $18

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Ah, Fall my friend. Love the items - sigh worthy indeed. :)